Thales' portfolio of products and systems embraces air traffic control centres, airport security and video surveillance systems, Passenger control and experience, communication and navigation equipment. Airport video surveillance, navigation, air traffic management.
Thales is a global technology leader with more than 81,000 employees on five continents. The Group is investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations – Big Data, artificial intelligence, connectivity, cybersecurity and quantum technology – to build a future we can all trust. Trust is essential for societies to flourish, with humans playing a central role in every critical decision.
Thales's high-tech solutions, services and products help companies, organisations and governments to achieve their goals and ambitions. And in each of our five vertical markets — digital identity and security, defence and security, aerospace, space, and transport — our customers play a vital role in society.
- 68 countries
- 81,000 employees
- 16,2B euros revenues
- 1B euros self-funded R&D
AIRPORT SECURITY SYSTEMS
Airport infrastructure combine multiple facilities among which terminal buildings, delivery areas, staff quarters, process and air traffic control centres, document and goods storage areas, utilities and ancillary buildings for aircraft maintenance. All are critical infrastructure that need to be secured and controlled. As an expert in security solutions for critical infrastructure, Thales works with customers to design and implement integrated solutions for surveillance, access control, communication and information systems, and security operation centres.
Day/night CCTV camera network for motion detection and target tracking, intelligent CCTV systems that automatically raise alerts regarding unusual or suspicious behaviour, and vehicle recognition.
Protection of access to airport critical areas, requesting authentication and authorisations for workers and specific employees.
Secured communications to enable flows of information between systems and with security agents (Radio, wireless and VoIP).
Integration of intrusion sensors for controlling unauthorized access to critical areas, physical perimeter sensors, radar and long-range IR camera, CBRN detection.
Integration of LAN, WAN and structured cabling to support information flows and provide information assurance.
Security Operation Centres
A real time security operation management solution, providing a cross-functional vision of complex situations for operators and stakeholders, for enhanced operational efficiency as well as decision support, to guarantee continuity of operations.
AIR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
Thales is the world leader in air mobility solutions. An impressive 2 out of every 3 planes around the world land and take-off with the help of Thales.
We combine half a century’s experience in development and deployment with an unrivalled worldwide installed base, advanced technology and ground-breaking innovations to deliver solutions that are continually adapted to the ever-changing aviation system’s needs.
Thales offers integrated gate-to-gate solutions, from pre-flight to landing, ensuring airport safety, efficient traffic handling operations, data sharing on aircraft and seamless handover operations between territories.
Thales is trusted by key ATM decision makers across 180 nations, and helps key decision makers master complexity and make timely decisions for better outcomes.
Airport Tower Automation Systems
Thales offers a full range of scalable tower automation systems from electronic flight stripping systems to A-SMGCS, including foreign object detection devices to secure aircraft movement on the airport. thales
Air Traffic Management Systems
Covering over 40% of the globe surface the Eurocat system is the industry standard. Its technical and operational superiority results from a high level of integration between Flight Data Processing, datalink and multiple sources such as Radar, ADS-B, ADS-C, Wide Area Multilateration and Airport Multilateration.
- Primary L band and S band radars
- Secondary full Mode S Surveillance Radars
- ADS-B and ADS-C Systems
- Multilateration systems and WAM
Air Navigation Aids
All conventional and satellite-based solutions.
From message switching systems to the most advanced datalink function.
Aeronautical Information Management
From AIS to AIM, a full range of solutions tailored for customer’s needs including all modules of AIM (charting, procedure design, static database AIXM…).
- Dubai International Airport (UAE): Thales is supplying safety & security systems, communications and network integration for C2 and C3 Terminals.
- New Doha International Airport (Qatar): Thales won Phase I and Phase II contracts to provide safety & security systems, airport IT, communications and networks integration.
- King Shaka International Airport (South Africa): Thales provides safety and security systems, airport IT, Building Management System, communications and network integration.
- Paris CDG (France): Thales has delivered video-surveillance, access control and secure fare collection solutions for CDG parking.
- Belgium: With Canac2, Thales provides the most complete system in the densiest airspace of Europe. It is operational in Brussels, Liège, Anvers, Ostende and Charleroi airports (EUROCAT for En-Route and Approach).
- Singapore: The new Lorads III ATM system is evolved from the industry leading EUROCAT automation system and implements a unique combination of the most advanced functionalities defined worldwide. The new EUROCAT is designed to support future air traffic growth in all types of airspaces over the next 15 years.
- South Africa: Thales has successfully delivered the first nationwide ATFM system enabling seamless air traffic flows management, fuel savings and reduction aviation impact on the environnment.
- European Single Sky Programme - SESAR: Thales is the major industry contributor to the programme.
- US NextGen programme: The ADS-B coverage contract provides Thales a critical role in the first major NextGen contract awarded by the FAA