Degreane Horizon is among the world leaders for measurement and engineering in the field of meteorology: runway visual range measurement, airport weather observing systems (AWOS), wind profiling radars.
DEGREANE HORIZON came about by the transformation of the Electronics Department of Ets DEGREANE, founded in 1926, into an individual incorporated company whose single stockholder is the VINCI Group.
DEGREANE HORIZON is in 3 sectors connected to electronics:
- Defense since 1960
- Energy since 1973
- Meteorological Observation since 1984
Thanks to over 30 years of experience, DH has been a global leader in the fields of environmental measurement and engineering.
Several jobs to be found in our company:
- Everything linked to aeronautical meteorology and to acquisition networks used by meteorological services throughout the world.
- Acquisition and transmission of sensitive data: conception and making of aero naval buoys, very low frequency operational sonar emitters, underwater listening polygons, and the development and Maintenance in Operational Conditions of surveillance radar.
- Transmission of warning signals which use several communication networks: telephone, radio and internet: alarm systems and the protection of telecommunication facilities against a surge in voltage.
Whatever your field of activity, DEGREANE HORIZON puts all its know-how at your disposal so as to meet YOUR own specific need.
OUR VALUES : To be professional, to be reliable and to listen.
To keep our customers satisfied and to have the quality of our work acknowledged remain our greatest motivation.
The “Bureau Veritas Corporation” has deemed our quality management consistent to the
NF EN ISO ISO 9001: 2015 standards.
SIOMA : A leader in the world of airport meteorology for airport safety
These days air safety is a major preoccupation for everybody concerned in air transport. Accordingly aeronautical meteorology is a critical component as much for the safety and well-being of passengers as for the economic planning of airport operators.
SIOMA (Integrated Runway Meteorological Observation Systems) are installed on over 300 airports. Products and services offered meet the requirements of those who are responsible for improving the environment, assuring transportation safety, and safeguarding life and property.
SIOMA, conceived in 1990, is characterized by having been developed in close cooperation between DEGREANE HORIZON, the Civil Aviation authorities, METEO FRANCE and the Service Users.
SIOMA is designed for all categories of airports from small VFR aerodromes right up to category III C major international airports; it is an open system, modular and upgradeable complying with the latest standards and recommendations of the WMO and ICAO.
It allows in particular for the rapid extension of sensor configurations (wind profiler, meteorological radar…) or for system architecture (ATIS, AMSS ...) based on technological needs development or new operational needs of operators (new runways, change in airport category...).
SIOMA consists essentially of five sub-functional elements developed by DEGREANE HORIZON:
- AEROVIEW: Set of PC-type visualization stations for the comprehensive display of meteorological data and messages.
- Runway equipment: Meteorological sensors sited at runway midpoint, thresholds and met garden including:
- TR 30 : The Transmissometer TR30 is a visibility sensor designed for aeronautical purposes.
- TL 320: This Laser-Ceilometer is a cloud height sensor mainly used at airports to provide the altitude of the cloud bases (up to three layers) and cloud cover in octat.
- DF 320: Forward scatter sensor designed for visibility measurements and Present Weather in option.
- PCL 1300: Wind profiling radar which measures the vertical profile of the wind and detects wind shear conditions.
- CIBUS: Duplex digital communication network which ensures a secured sensor data acquisition and transmission through hub concentration with FSK modems or radio modem or optical fiber with maximum efficiency and reliability.
- CAOBS: A central Workstation designed for acquisition, processing, data storage and analysis, messages entry and coding production of METAR and SYNOP standardized messages, distribution facilities for the broadcast of meteorological information and based on a fully redundant operational configuration PC-type computer (normal/stand-by) running Windows.
- Display indicators: Set of panel mounted indicators INT300, DEOLIA92 or PC type used as back-up.
Detailed product information is available on :
Northern & Western Europe
Denmark, Holland, Germany, Belgium, Spain, France, the Channel Island, Italy, Wales, Portugal, Switzerland
Central & Eastern Europe
Hungary, Bielorussia, Bulgaria, Georgia, Ukraine
Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Dubai, Jordania, Lebanon
Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Tunisia, Egypt
Cameroun, Central African Republic, Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Rwanda, Tchad
Burkina Faso, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal, Togo, Conakry,Benin, Ivory Coast
Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya
Cambodia, South Korea, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam
INDIAN OCEAN REGION
Mauritius, Seychelles, Madagascar, Comoros
Honduras, Mexico, Colombia