COHOR, French Airport Coordination, is an association governed by the Law of 1901. It was appointed in 1995 by the French Authorities to allocate slots at the four coordinated French airports.
COHOR, French Airport Coordination, is an association governed by the Law of 1901. It was appointed in 1995 by the French Authorities to allocate slots at the four coordinated French airports: Paris-Orly, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Nice Côte d'Azur and Lyon-Saint-Exupéry. The members of the association are airlines and since 2000 the airports of Paris, Lyon and Nice. They finance COHOR’s activity and ensure its independence.
COHOR’s tasks are:
• The allocation of airport slots which are authorizations for air carriers and aircraft operators to use on a specific day at a specific time, the airport resources that are needed to operate a flight. These slots are essential for the airlines to build their flight program. COHOR participates to the IATA schedule conference (International Air Transport Association) every aeronautical season, and organizes the SOM (Slot Optimization Meeting) at Paris-Orly airport every year in January;
• The control of the usage of slots by air operators;
• The communicate of information to interested parties (DGAC, airlines, airport operators, European Commission ...).
In order to achieve its missions, COHOR developed an information system based on the most recent technologies to:
• Verify that the flight programs of the air carriers are built in accordance with the available capacity for each airports resources constraint and therefore allocate airport slots;
• Exchange information related to the processing of slots requested by airlines in accordance with the international standard developed by IATA and using several types of medium (type B SITA messages, emails, web services) or exchange information in real time with other interested parties such as airports or air traffic control services for the communication of the authorized programs;
• The identification and process of misuse of slots.
COHOR developed an expertise for the establishment of a slot coordination for complex airports and/or for special events. This experience is based in particular on the coordination of airports with strong specific features like Paris CDG, Paris Orly and Nice but also on the management of exceptional sporting events such as European Football Championship Euro 2008, the Monaco Grand Prix every year or international summits of heads of State.
• Consulting services and support at procedural, regulatory and technical levels for the establishment of a permanent or temporary airport coordination according to the international or local rules;
• To provide all software that is necessary for the establishment of an airport coordination or schedules facilitation;
• Total or partial coordination of airports around the world from its headquarters at Paris-Orly or if necessary from a local office.
COHOR is certified by AFNOR according to the quality standard ISO 9001-2008 for the allocation of slots at French coordinated airport, the control of the use of slots allocated to the air carriers and the communication of information to interested parties.
Paris-Charles de Gaulle,
Nice Côte d'Azur,
• Paris Charles de Gaulle,