With energy as the basis of its development, Nexans, the worldwide leader in the cable industry, offers an extensive range of cables and cabling systems. The Group is a global player in the infrastructure, industry, building and Local Area Network markets.
Nexans addresses a series of market segments from energy, transport and telecom networks to shipbuilding, oil and gas, nuclear power, automotive, electronics, aeronautics, handling and automation.
With an industrial presence in 39 countries and commercial activities worldwide, Nexans employs 22,400 people and had sales in 2008 of 6.8 billion euros. Nexans is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris, compartment A.
Nexans supplies a complete range of cables and accessories for airport infrastructures, from key energy and communication networks to multiple terminals and hangars, control towers and runways. This means that we can provide a complete cable package for an entire airport, including standard and special cables, connectivity, and active components.
Our twin expertise in energy and telecommunications allows us to find hybrid or complementary answers, drawing on products developed for other industrial, infrastructure and building markets.
For example, the autonomous power and communication networks of the airport must connect to the city or country networks and use products which are compliant with the local standards of power utilities and telecom operators.
Another example, train stations and office buildings share many of the same security, safety and service concerns as airports. And so, we apply proven cables, like ALSECURE® fire-performance cables. Because aviation is high-tech, we are on the leading edge of innovation in energy networking, Local Area Networks, optical fiber technologies and advanced building solutions.
Our Competence and Research Centers not only follow airport trends, they often set them by developing new products and standards. Since airports are a global business, we are dedicated to serving this vertical market with interchangeable and compatible products.
Nexans expertise for security, reliability and efficiency
• A complete range of airport products from one experienced supplier
• Next-generation telecom networks for Triple-Play, Industrial Ethernet, and air traffic control
• Advanced energy networks
• Global expertise for upgrading existing airports and building new international hubs
• Preliminary layout, design, technical assistance, installation and maintenance training
• Fire-safety cables to protect employees, passengers and the building itself
• Rapid and customized development of specific products that soon become off-the-shelf
• Reliable delivery through dedicated logistics, and plant capacity worldwide
• Environmentally-friendly products with low Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
• Full conformity with aviation legislation and specifications worldwide