International building branch of Bouygues Construction providing expertise in PPP (Public-Private Partnership) engineering, design, build, landside development, facilities management
Bouygues Bâtiment International is the international building branch of Bouygues Construction, one of the world’s construction leaders.
To supplement its core businesses in design and construction, this Bouygues Group entity provides wide-ranging expertise and support to its public and private clients, in finance, maintenance and operations. It has acquired a pre-eminent position in Public-Private Partnerships, with more than 12 years of experience in numerous countries, on projects ranging from civil works, hospitals, universities and Ministries to international airports.
Bouygues Bâtiment International has a high capacity for mobilizing multi-disciplinary teams and partners. It offers its customers a plain way of working with a single interface, as well as a long-term vision of the project cost over its whole life cycle.
This expertise makes it possible for Bouygues Bâtiment International to offer to airport projects:
• Praised fixed-price, date-certain construction expertise, while the airport remains in full operation
• Capability to engineer aggressive structured financing
• Capability to handle the complexity of a turnkey global approach, airside and landside
• On a fast track approach in a new country
• On several airports simultaneously
Key Figures 2008
• Sales: €24.8 Bls (Bouygues Group’s construction business areas), total Group: €32.7 Bls
• 53,700 employees with Bouygues Construction, total Group : 145,150 employees
• A presence on all five continents
Cyprus - Paphos International Airport © Augusto da Silva - Grapix/Image
• Structuring of financial development packages, debt, equity, institutional funds
• Engineering of PPP contracts: PFI, BOT/Concession
• Providing access to international financings
• Wide experience in cooperation with international investors and financial development institutions
• Airport design and design coordination: airside, landside
• Optimization of costs and delivery times
• Seamless approach
• Integration of technical and environmental innovation, sustainable development
• Global approach: Terminals, apron, runway, jumbo maintenance halls, catering center, freight and logistics, training center, ground transportation, shopping, hotel, exhibition & conference center, etc.
• Turnkey delivery, fully aeronautically equipped, global airport project integrator
Hotel, Shopping Gallery, Exhibition & Conference Centres, Offices, Freight & Logistics
• Knowing users and their requirements
• Feasibility study
• Design development with our experts
• Involvement in negotiation of operation contracts
• Work out financial and legal development packages
• Manage all skills, from design to construction
OPERATION - MAINTENANCE
• Consultancy services at the design stage
• Terminal building maintenance, facilities management contracts
• Airport operations under PPP agreements
Cyprus - Larnakas International Airport © Augusto da Silva - Grapix/Images
PPP: Larnaca and Paphos Airports (Cyprus)
Financing, design and construction of two new terminals for a total capacity over 10 million pax, operations for 25 years under a PPP agreement. Lead arranger for standing a €612 million debt facility.
Euromoney Project Finance Deal of the year 2006
Public Private Finance Awards, Best European Project 2007
Airport City : Chek Lap Kok Hong Kong International Airport
• AsiaWorld-Expo: 70,000 sq-m of net exhibition and conference space, 10 exhibition halls, 1 conference centre, 1 entertainment arena, under a 25-year concession PPP
• Sky City Marriott Hotel: 5-star hotel, 658 rooms
• Cathey Catering center, largest in Asia
• Maintenance Hall: 5 jumbo positions
• Pilot Training Center : 14 flight simulators under glass structure
Design & Build Extension: Prague-Ruzyne Airport (Czech Republic)
Design, execution of extension and refurbishment works for the main terminal (over 60.000 m² ). Capacity raised from 2 to 6 million passengers per year.
Greenfield: Agadir Al Massira Airport (Morocco)
Construction of an airport handling 3 million passengers per year: terminal, runway, apron for wide-bodied aircraft, motorway access, control tower, hotel area.
Hong Kong International Airport, Asia WorldExpo & SkyMarriott Hotel © M. Allan Derek
• Paris-Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport
• Over 70 000 m² of office spaces on Hong Kong International Airport
• Ground Transportation:
- train line connecting Johannesburg International Airport to Downtown Johannesburg, then Pretoria via Midrand Grand Central Airport, a 20-year PPP contract
- subway line connecting Kingford Smith Airport to Downtown Sydney, a 30-year PPP contract.
Through our strategic partnership with Alstom, 30% owned by Bouygues, capability to provide turnkey ground transportation systems from downtown to the airport platform.